Palo Alto Networks (PANW): Aggressive Pricing Limits Upside And Leads To Weaker Than Expected Guidance - Baird
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Baird analyst, Jayson Noland, reiterated his Outperform rating of Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW) after the company beat revenue by ~2% and met EPS. The analyst stated "Palo Alto reported a solid FQ4. Management cited an improved macro-economic environment. The FQ1 guide and F17 guidance commentary were mixed relative to expectations. Specifically, F17 product revenue guidance will cause some confusion. We remain buyers of the stock and continue to expect Palo to take share with its platform-based approach and hybrid SaaS model."
Revenue/non-GAAP EPS of $401 million/$0.50 compared to consensus of $390 million/$0.50. Billings of $572 million exceeded consensus of $562 million, up 45% YoY. Management guided revenue/non-GAAP EPS to $396-$402 million/$0.51-$0.53 versus consensus of $402 million/$0.56. For F17, management guided non-GAAP EPS to $2.75-$2.80 versus consensus of $2.65.
The price target of $175 is cut from $180.
Shares of Palo Alto Networks closed at $143.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) Following 4Q
- MKM Partners Cuts Price Target on Target (TGT) to $70 Following Reported Holiday Sales
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Jayson Noland
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!