Paciraa (PCRX) October Exparel Data Suggests Q4 at Risk - BMO Capital
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst Gary Nachman weighed in on Pacira Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: PCRX) after Symphony data were released today and October Exparel sales were $20.2mn, down 12% Y/Y and down 9% M/M. On a sales per selling day basis, Exparel declined 8% Y/Y and 5% M/M. PCRX recently reduced Exparel sales guidance to $263-268mn from $270-280mn along with 3Q results (we're at $263mn).
The October Exparel sales indicate meaningful growth is required for the remainder of 4Q to achieve the guidance. "We believe October is not a great start to 4Q and see a potential challenge in PCRX achieving even the low end of its guidance range," the analyst said.
The firm maintained a Market Perform rating and price target of $35.00
Shares of Pacira Pharmaceuticals closed at $34.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX) at Neutral
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!