Pacific Crest Upgrades Square (SQ) to Overweight
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Pacific Crest upgraded Square (NYSE: SQ) from Sector Weight to Overweight with a price target of $15. Analyst Josh Beck said payments and opex efficiency are enough to propel fundamental upside, and he thinks "other bets" offers long-term optionality.
"Our in-depth work on payments, delivery and lending leads us to believe that Square is set up for a consistent series of positive fundamental surprises over the next year. Payments and opex upside may shift focus to incremental profitability and cash flow, leading to a positive rerating of the stock," said Beck.
"We have long been positive on the payment processing business and our cohort analysis reinforces our bullish stance on digital payments penetration and positive survivorship benefits. Our checks on lending and regulation have been positive, which raises our conviction in the mid-term opportunity for Square Capital. A Caviar deep dive left us cautious, but we view it as less of a drag, and if an exit materializes, EBITDA could benefit. 'Other bets,' including international (e.g., potential U.K. expansion), partnerships (e.g., Vend), and software (e.g., instant deposit) remain nascent, but could evolve into meaningful opportunities," added the analyst.
Shares of Square closed at $11.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $115 at Oppenheimer
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Moog (MOG-A) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPacific Crest Securities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!