Pacific Crest Upgrades Expedia (EXPE) to Overweight
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Pacific Crest upgraded Expedia (NASDAQ: EXPE) from Sector Weight to Overweight with a price target of $160. Analyst Brad Erickson noted positive HomeAway checks, along with favorable risk/reward.
"Conversations with property owners indicate overall high satisfaction with the HomeAway platform, very limited desire and ability to move to competing platforms and greater confidence in passenger fee implementation and take-rate levels already being achieved. We think this is under-appreciated in shares at current levels," said Erickson.
"We are establishing EBITDA estimates by segment, enabling a sum-of-the-parts valuation. We are also making an appropriate, albeit slight, upward adjustment to our 2016 and 2017 EBITDA estimates via D&A; our EPS estimates are unchanged. Additionally, we are establishing 2018 revenue, EBITDA and EPS estimates. We are forecasting a 21% three-year revenue CAGR from 2015-2018; we expect some leverage from lower tech & content and G&A costs to drive faster EBITDA and earnings growth of 27% and 28%, respectively," continued the analyst.
Erickson concluded, "Given some mixed hotel data during the quarter, we are not making a call on the quarter; however, HomeAway checks combined with our view of Expedia having multiple levers to support growth over the next few years give us incremental confidence in the story despite the recent mini-run in the stock. We are buyers and see upside to $160 based on a sum-of-the-parts analysis with a bull case approaching $200."
Shares of Expedia closed at $124.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Citrix Systems (CTXS) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Following Analyst Day
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPacific Crest Securities, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!