Pacific Crest Downgrades Lam Research (LRCX) to Sector Weight
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Pacific Crest downgraded Lam Research (NASDAQ: LRCX) from Overweight to Sector Weight and removed its price target. Analyst Weston Twigg thinks further stock appreciation in semiconductor equipment will be limited.
"We anticipate order declines and limited demand growth for semiconductor equipment names as 3D NAND equipment demand is likely to peak in 2017, while logic/foundry demand remains mixed and DRAM demand remains low. Sector valuations are reasonable, so we do not see meaningful near-term downside risk, but further stock appreciation may be limited. We are lowering our ratings for LRCX and NANO to Sector Weight, and we remain Overweight on AMAT, MKSI and ENTG for longer-term opportunities," said Twigg.
Shares of Lam Research closed at $99.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lam Research (LRCX) PT Raised to $95 at Nomura But Remains Sidelined
- Xilinx (XLNX) PT Bumped to $45 at Nomura, Remains Sidelined
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Vail Resorts (MTN) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPacific Crest Securities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!