Pacific Crest Downgrades Alliance Data Systems (ADS) to Sector Weight
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Pacific Crest downgraded Alliance Data Systems (NYSE: ADS) from Overweight to Sector Weight and removed its price target. Analyst Josh Beck said he is slightly more cautious due to credit trends.
"We believe in the ADS data advantage; however, we are tilting our stock bias neutral given recent credit trends, particularly rising early-stage delinquencies. We are applying slightly more conservative credit metrics, which takes our 2017 EPS outlook down to $18.50. We are downgrading to Sector Weight and would look for a better entry point before increasing exposure," said Beck.
The analyst added, "Delinquency at ADS has increased by 50 basis points y/y year-to-date and 70 basis points y/y over the past three months, which prompts a slightly more cautious stance. To be clear, we are projecting a simple credit cycle normalization, not a severe correction, to which ADS is over-indexed because of outsized growth. ADS has grown credit receivables at a CAGR of ~20% since 2010 versus the overall market at ~2%. As expected, the privatelabel-market Equifax Risk score has decreased 1% per annum to 689 due to normal credit box expansion."
Shares of Alliance Data Systems closed at $216.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPacific Crest Securities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!