Pacific Crest Downgrades Alliance Data Systems (ADS) to Sector Weight
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Pacific Crest downgraded Alliance Data Systems (NYSE: ADS) from Overweight to Sector Weight and removed its price target. Analyst Josh Beck said he is slightly more cautious due to credit trends.
"We believe in the ADS data advantage; however, we are tilting our stock bias neutral given recent credit trends, particularly rising early-stage delinquencies. We are applying slightly more conservative credit metrics, which takes our 2017 EPS outlook down to $18.50. We are downgrading to Sector Weight and would look for a better entry point before increasing exposure," said Beck.
The analyst added, "Delinquency at ADS has increased by 50 basis points y/y year-to-date and 70 basis points y/y over the past three months, which prompts a slightly more cautious stance. To be clear, we are projecting a simple credit cycle normalization, not a severe correction, to which ADS is over-indexed because of outsized growth. ADS has grown credit receivables at a CAGR of ~20% since 2010 versus the overall market at ~2%. As expected, the privatelabel-market Equifax Risk score has decreased 1% per annum to 689 due to normal credit box expansion."
Shares of Alliance Data Systems closed at $216.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Arc Logistics Partners (ARCX) to Hold
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Matador Resources (MTDR) Following Announced Offerings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPacific Crest Securities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!