Pacific Crest Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sector Weight
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Pacific Crest downgraded AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX) from Overweight to Sector Weight. Analyst Andy Hargreaves thinks pressure on viewership is likely to continue or get worse.
"Poor YTD show performance suggests secular pressures are overwhelming AMC's brand strength and quality of programming. We do not expect these pressures to ease, which prompts a significant reduction to our ad revenue estimates and a downgrade to Sector Weight from Overweight," said Hargreaves.
"Entering 2016, we believed the strength of AMC's programming could maintain strong audiences, even in a more competitive environment. That has proven wrong, as secular pressures have driven underperformance for both new and returning originals YTD. We expect these pressures to continue and possibly accelerate, which suggests that AMC will struggle to maintain viewership levels going forward," added the analyst.
Shares of AMC Networks closed at $49.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
- Credit Suisse Downgrades Murphy Oil Corp. (MUR) to Underperform
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesPacific Crest Securities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!