Pacific Crest Cuts Fitbit (FIT) to 'Underperform'; Charge 2 Off to Slow Start, Says Analyst
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Pacific Crest downgraded Fitbit (NYSE: FIT) from Sector Weight to Underperform. Analyst Brad Erickson said checks indicate that Charge 2, Fitbit's flagship holiday product, is off to a slow start, and he sees downside to $11.
"Checks indicate Charge 2, Fitbit's flagship holiday product, is off to a slow start. Inventory is accumulating in the channel and sell-through is below initial Blaze/ Alta levels. We are raising our Q3 estimates on strong channel fill but lowering Q4 and 2017 on weaker demand, and downgrading to Underweight. We think FIT's utility problem persists, making growth more challenging and tilting risk/ reward more unfavorable," said Erickson.
The analyst added, "We spoke with 15 big box retailers in the United States now that Charge 2 has hit full distribution. Our checks are already finding meaningful inventory accumulation in the channel; more than two weeks of inventory is on hand. While sell-through should ramp meaningfully as the holiday nears, Charge 2 run rates are below where Blaze and Alta began earlier this year, which is a disappointing start, in our view. Based on current run rates and inventory, we estimate the company likely shipped in 600,000-800,000 Charge 2 units in Q3."
Shares of Fitbit closed at $16.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mercury Computer (MRCY) PT Raised to $30 at Jefferies Following 2Q Report
- CBS Corp. (CBS): Raising PT On Higher Retransmission Fees - Needham
- Dougherty & Co Upgrades MKS Instruments (MKSI) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesPacific Crest Securities
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!