Oracle (ORCL): Growth Inflection Pushed Out Until F18 - Cowen
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen analyst, Derrick Wood, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) but recognized that there are several new factors pressuring EPS. Software growth was solid and came in at the high-end of guidance & GM expansion elements are well intact; but the combination of weakening hardware and transitory factors below the operating line (higher tax rates, new debt burden w/o N closure) are spoiling the EPS growth recovery.
Confidence in cloud traction remains high & EPS growth is expected to continue in FY17, but an inflection is not likely to happen till FY18. No change to the price target of $46 which represents a ~16x P/E multiple.
Shares of Oracle closed at $40.86 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oracle (ORCL): Notes From The Road; Cloud In Focus - Cowen
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Needham & Company Retains Buy Rating on Nielsen (NLSN) Amid Disappointing Results and Sell-Off
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Earnings
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!