Oracle (ORCL): Amazon AWS Is Now In The Crosshairs - Drexel Hamilton
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Drexel Hamilton analyst, Brian White, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) after attending Oracle OpenWorld and the company's analyst day.
The company unveiled more robust PaaS and IaaS solutions that the analyst believes provides the necessary arsenal for the Oracle Cloud to take on AWS. Also, Oracle is trying to make it easier for customers to buy its cloud solutions with the Accelerated Buying Experience that began in 3Q:FY16.
Oracle is serious about IaaS and made important announcements last week to compete with AWS, announcing Generation 2 Infrastructure that the company claims is 11.5x faster than AWS and costs 20% less. Oracle also made a strong argument for why the company's database portfolio is superior to offerings at AWS. Larry Ellison provided details around why AWS is not optimized to run the Oracle Database and why the Oracle Cloud is running Oracle databases significantly faster compared to the databases on AWS (e.g. Redshift, Aurora), while also calling out the shortfalls in terms of ease of use in adoption, utilizing older database technologies and charging higher prices for AWS.
No change to the price target of $47.
Shares of Oracle closed at $39.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Vail Resorts (MTN) to Outperform
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Bj's Restaurants, Inc. (BJRI) to $34; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Related EntitiesLarry Ellison, Drexel Hamilton, Brian White
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!