Oppenheimer Upgrades Teva (TEVA) to Outperform as Investors to Refocus on Growth
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 2, 2016 10:07 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded Teva Pharma (NYSE: TEVA) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $66. Analyst Rohit Vanjani said with the generic Copaxone overhang mostly abated, he expects investors to focus on future growth through M&A.
Vanjani explained, "After invalidating Teva's '250 and '413 40 mg/mL Copaxone patents on 8/24 through an Inter Partes Review (IPR) decision, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) yesterday announced a similar conclusion for the remaining '302 patent. In light of the uncertainty surrounding the IPR decision, we had moved to a Perform rating in early August and previously suggested using an options strategy or paring down a position in Teva ahead of the IPR ruling. The validity of Teva's Copaxone patents now lie with the District Court decision, which will likely come in early 2017. Our understanding is that the court ruling is the more important of the two, with a higher hurdle to invalidate the patents. We move to an Outperform rating on Teva."
Shares of Teva Pharma closed at $50.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Perform
- FBR Capital Upgrades Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) to Market Perform
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Lifted to $1000 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!