Oppenheimer Upgrades Symantec (SYMC) to Outperform
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer upgraded Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Shaul Eyal commented, "We are upgrading the shares of SYMC from Perform to Outperform and assigning a PT of $28 (16X FY18 EPS of $1.75). Our upgrade is based on:: 1) The completion of the $4.7B Bluecoat acquisition quickly shifts SYMC into leadership positions in several categories of the broader security arena (end-point, CASB, ATP), expanding TAM by ~$7B; 2) In addition to SYMC's prior $400M restructuring plan, we envision ~$155M in additional cost savings, yielding FY18 EPS of $1.75 (vs. our prior $1.19 estimate); 3) Ongoing signs of consistent execution, as indicated by solid F1Q17 results; 4) Ongoing solid cash generation supporting SYMC's prior $5.5B capital allocation plan (buyback & ~2.8% dividend yield); and 5) Reasonable target valuation of 16X FY18 EPS and 13.2X EV/FY18 FCF."
Shares of Symantec closed at $21.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!