Oppenheimer Upgrades Symantec (SYMC) to Outperform
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer upgraded Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Shaul Eyal commented, "We are upgrading the shares of SYMC from Perform to Outperform and assigning a PT of $28 (16X FY18 EPS of $1.75). Our upgrade is based on:: 1) The completion of the $4.7B Bluecoat acquisition quickly shifts SYMC into leadership positions in several categories of the broader security arena (end-point, CASB, ATP), expanding TAM by ~$7B; 2) In addition to SYMC's prior $400M restructuring plan, we envision ~$155M in additional cost savings, yielding FY18 EPS of $1.75 (vs. our prior $1.19 estimate); 3) Ongoing signs of consistent execution, as indicated by solid F1Q17 results; 4) Ongoing solid cash generation supporting SYMC's prior $5.5B capital allocation plan (buyback & ~2.8% dividend yield); and 5) Reasonable target valuation of 16X FY18 EPS and 13.2X EV/FY18 FCF."
Shares of Symantec closed at $21.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- Stifel Boosts PT on Francesca's (FRAN) to $21; Notes Solid Start to Q4, Confident CEO Strategy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!