Oppenheimer Starts Twilio (TWLO) at Outperform; Potential Still Undervalued, Says Analyst
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 1, 2016 9:28 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Twilio (NYSE: TWLO) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $50. Analyst Ittai Kidron said while shares appear expensive, a comparison to past high-growth peers suggests longer term potential is still undervalued.
"Twilio is a leading Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) vendor. Our positive view is based on our belief that 1) enterprises are rapidly adopting A2P communication in modern and legacy applications; 2) A2P communication will increasingly be adopted via cloud-based platforms; 3) the CPaaS market is large and growing rapidly; and 4) Twilio can continue to leverage a successful developerfocused land-and-expand sales model, penetrate traditional enterprises, and expand outside of the US. Put together, we believe these will enable Twilio to drive strong growth for the foreseeable future. While shares appear expensive, a comparison to past high-growth peers suggests longer term potential is still undervalued," said Kidron.
Discussing valuation, the analyst said, "Our $50 PT is based on a 8.6x EV/sales (our 2018 estimate) and our belief that consensus expectations significantly underestimate Twilio's growth trajectory. While shares trades at 6.0x EV/sales our 2018 estimate vs. peers' average 5.2x, high-growth peers traded at an average multiple of 14.4x at a similar revenue level and stage of development."
Shares of Twilio closed at $35.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesIttai Kidron
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!