Oppenheimer Starts Blue Buffalo (BUFF) at Outperform
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 9, 2016 9:17 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Blue Buffalo (NASDAQ: BUFF) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $30. Analyst Rupesh Parikh thinks the stock deserves a premium given its strong growth trajectory.
Parikh explained, "The company is the leader in the wholesome natural pet food segment. Based on our work, we believe BUFF remains well positioned to benefit from positive category trends including the 'humanization' of pets, premiumization of pet food, and an increased consumer focus on health/wellness. We believe a combination of industry-leading organic sales growth in the high single digits/low double digits, a midteens-plus EPS growth algorithm, and scarcity value in the CPG world should help to sustain a premium valuation and drive outperformance. We also believe the shares could receive some greater interest in the nearer term as investors redeploy proceeds from WWAV toward other natural/organic alternatives."
Shares of Blue Buffalo closed at $25.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!