Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Himax Technologies (HIMX) Following Positive 2Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on Himax Technologies (NASDAQ: HIMX) following the company's 2Q earnings report. Total 2Q16 revenues were up 12% Y/Y. Small-/mid-sized driver sales up 9% Y/Y and 14% Q/Q. HIMX reported non-GAAP EPS of $0.12 vs. the Street's $0.10.
Analyst Andrew Uerkwitz commented, "HIMX reported 2Q16 revenue/non-GAAP EPS of $201.1M/$0.12 vs. the Street's $199.2M/$0.10E and our $199.2M/$0.09. 3Q EPS guidance is slightly ahead of consensus and gross margin is guided up Y/Y. Large-sized driver IC continues to benefit from growing capacity in China while small/mid driver IC growth was driven by strong performance of its Chinese smartphone customers. Management reiterates its confidence on strong non-driver segment performance expecting 35-40% Y/Y in 2016 due to an expanding AR-related customer pipeline. We take a more conservative outlook for the near-term potential of AR, as end market demand for AR headsets still appears lukewarm. Combined with concern over the sustainability of driver IC growth (primarily driver IC for smartphones), we choose to stay sidelined for now. Reiterate Perform."
Shares of Himax Technologies closed at $8.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
- Web.com, Inc. (WEB) PT Raised to $25 at BWS Financial Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Andrew Uerkwitz
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!