Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Himax Technologies (HIMX) Following Positive 2Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on Himax Technologies (NASDAQ: HIMX) following the company's 2Q earnings report. Total 2Q16 revenues were up 12% Y/Y. Small-/mid-sized driver sales up 9% Y/Y and 14% Q/Q. HIMX reported non-GAAP EPS of $0.12 vs. the Street's $0.10.
Analyst Andrew Uerkwitz commented, "HIMX reported 2Q16 revenue/non-GAAP EPS of $201.1M/$0.12 vs. the Street's $199.2M/$0.10E and our $199.2M/$0.09. 3Q EPS guidance is slightly ahead of consensus and gross margin is guided up Y/Y. Large-sized driver IC continues to benefit from growing capacity in China while small/mid driver IC growth was driven by strong performance of its Chinese smartphone customers. Management reiterates its confidence on strong non-driver segment performance expecting 35-40% Y/Y in 2016 due to an expanding AR-related customer pipeline. We take a more conservative outlook for the near-term potential of AR, as end market demand for AR headsets still appears lukewarm. Combined with concern over the sustainability of driver IC growth (primarily driver IC for smartphones), we choose to stay sidelined for now. Reiterate Perform."
Shares of Himax Technologies closed at $8.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Andrew Uerkwitz
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!