Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Workday (WDAY) Ahead of 2Q Report
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Workday (NYSE: WDAY), and raised the price target to $90.00 (from $80.00), ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report. Industry checks point to a relatively good US software spending environment which should support forecasts. Oppenheimer expects WDAY to report a total revenue of ~ $372M and ($0.03) in EPS. Consensus is ~$373M and ($0.02).
Analyst Brian Schwartz commented, "We think Workday's fundamentals remained solid in F2Q, based on a recent round of industry conversations, though quarterly reported results and guidance are likely to show a moderating beat-and-raise magnitude given tougher billings y/y comparisons, intensified FX headwinds, and conservative guidance stance possibly taken by the company's new CFO, which prompts a restrained near-term tactical view. Conclusion: We remain positive on Workday owing to a dearth among large-cap software stocks of sustainable, strong recurring revenue growers with an improving operating margin profile, like WDAY, and we expect 2Q results to reinforce that the long-term prospects for the business remain sound. Additionally, the business is nearing a profitability and positive FCF business model inflection which could serve as a stock catalyst by enticing a new class of investors. Raise target to $90 (from $80)."
Shares of Workday closed at $79.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Visa (V) PT Raised to $97 at UBS on Solid Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!