Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Workday (WDAY) Ahead of 2Q Report
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Workday (NYSE: WDAY), and raised the price target to $90.00 (from $80.00), ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report. Industry checks point to a relatively good US software spending environment which should support forecasts. Oppenheimer expects WDAY to report a total revenue of ~ $372M and ($0.03) in EPS. Consensus is ~$373M and ($0.02).
Analyst Brian Schwartz commented, "We think Workday's fundamentals remained solid in F2Q, based on a recent round of industry conversations, though quarterly reported results and guidance are likely to show a moderating beat-and-raise magnitude given tougher billings y/y comparisons, intensified FX headwinds, and conservative guidance stance possibly taken by the company's new CFO, which prompts a restrained near-term tactical view. Conclusion: We remain positive on Workday owing to a dearth among large-cap software stocks of sustainable, strong recurring revenue growers with an improving operating margin profile, like WDAY, and we expect 2Q results to reinforce that the long-term prospects for the business remain sound. Additionally, the business is nearing a profitability and positive FCF business model inflection which could serve as a stock catalyst by enticing a new class of investors. Raise target to $90 (from $80)."
Shares of Workday closed at $79.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
- Photronics, Inc. (PLAB): Raising PT - UBS
- BTIG Raises Price Target on Cogent Communication (CCOI) to $50
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!