Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Workday (WDAY) Ahead of 2Q Report
- Stock futures rise as flurry of deal activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices fall as Iraq resists joining output cut
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Workday (NYSE: WDAY), and raised the price target to $90.00 (from $80.00), ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report. Industry checks point to a relatively good US software spending environment which should support forecasts. Oppenheimer expects WDAY to report a total revenue of ~ $372M and ($0.03) in EPS. Consensus is ~$373M and ($0.02).
Analyst Brian Schwartz commented, "We think Workday's fundamentals remained solid in F2Q, based on a recent round of industry conversations, though quarterly reported results and guidance are likely to show a moderating beat-and-raise magnitude given tougher billings y/y comparisons, intensified FX headwinds, and conservative guidance stance possibly taken by the company's new CFO, which prompts a restrained near-term tactical view. Conclusion: We remain positive on Workday owing to a dearth among large-cap software stocks of sustainable, strong recurring revenue growers with an improving operating margin profile, like WDAY, and we expect 2Q results to reinforce that the long-term prospects for the business remain sound. Additionally, the business is nearing a profitability and positive FCF business model inflection which could serve as a stock catalyst by enticing a new class of investors. Raise target to $90 (from $80)."
Shares of Workday closed at $79.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD): Cutting PT On Expected Guide Down - Wells Fargo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!