Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Monolithic Power Systems (MPWR) Following 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $88.00 price target on Monolithic Power Systems (NASDAQ: MPWR) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Industrial grew 23% Y/Y in 3Q, led by auto and smart metering. Storage/Compute grew 30% Y/Y driven by Server and high-end NB. MPWR will see a 50% ASP bump in 2017 when PCIe and SAAS PMICs ramp.
Analyst Rick Schafer commented, "Mgmt guided 4Q sales to $103M, besting the consensus $101.5M. We expect Street estimates to move up closer to us following this report. MPWR's long-term organic growth profile remains robust, with 30% of revenue from new products. With potentially transformative eMotion and Field Programmable Power Modules (FPPM) ramping mid-17 to be followed by the Purley transition in the 2H, we see Y/Y topline growth acceleration towards 20%. Greenshoot growth opportunities are ample and diverse across auto, server, industrial, modules, and BMS. We expect continued success penetrating/growing content across markets to sustain organic growth ~15% ahead of peers for the foreseeable future. MPWR's growth/GM story remains in early innings, in our view. We remain buyers with an $88 target."
Shares of Monolithic Power Systems closed at $78.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!