Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Jack in the Box (JACK) Following 4Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $115.00 price target on Jack In The Box (NASDAQ: JACK) following the company's 4Q earnings report. Adjusted 4Q16 EPS of $1.03 beat Street's $0.88E primarily related to better SG&A (~$0.11), a lower tax rate ($0.03) and higher franchise profits ($0.02). Within management's $4.55-4.75 EPS guidance, the company assumes 20-21% restaurant margins (vs. Street's 21%), SG&A at 11-11.5% of revenue (vs. 11.7%) and $408M in share buybacks (vs. $440M).
Analyst Brian Bittner commented, "Based on what we learned in JACK's earnings release, we would buy any nearterm dip. As we work through the model, management's initial '17 EPS outlook appears "conservatively" set (at $4.55-4.75 vs. Street's $4.75E). JITB sales trends have started the year hot, but investors will also want insights from the 11:30 a.m. ET call on how Qdoba's performance could improve (18% of profits). With an attractive valuation, conservative EPS guidance, "solid" sales trends and an improving financial model, we are bullish on the stock. Reiterate $115 price target."
Shares of Jack In The Box closed at $101.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!