Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Jack in the Box (JACK) Following 4Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $115.00 price target on Jack In The Box (NASDAQ: JACK) following the company's 4Q earnings report. Adjusted 4Q16 EPS of $1.03 beat Street's $0.88E primarily related to better SG&A (~$0.11), a lower tax rate ($0.03) and higher franchise profits ($0.02). Within management's $4.55-4.75 EPS guidance, the company assumes 20-21% restaurant margins (vs. Street's 21%), SG&A at 11-11.5% of revenue (vs. 11.7%) and $408M in share buybacks (vs. $440M).
Analyst Brian Bittner commented, "Based on what we learned in JACK's earnings release, we would buy any nearterm dip. As we work through the model, management's initial '17 EPS outlook appears "conservatively" set (at $4.55-4.75 vs. Street's $4.75E). JITB sales trends have started the year hot, but investors will also want insights from the 11:30 a.m. ET call on how Qdoba's performance could improve (18% of profits). With an attractive valuation, conservative EPS guidance, "solid" sales trends and an improving financial model, we are bullish on the stock. Reiterate $115 price target."
Shares of Jack In The Box closed at $101.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Western Digital (WDC): Analyst Day Preview - Susquehanna
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!