Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Fortinet (FTNT) Following Mid-Quarter Checks
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $45.00 price target on Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) following a round of mid-quarter checks. The checks indicate demand trends appear healthy, and Oppenheimer believes that FTNT is tracking at least in line with revenue guidance.
Analyst Shaul Eyal commented, "Following a round of mid-quarter checks with 24 VARs, we believe that: 1) FTNT should at least meet revenue guidance ($319M-$324M) with upside achievable if the remaining weeks of 3Q16 reflect similar linearity trends (back-end loaded) to 1H16— we will revert with post-Q checks. 2) Consistency in EMEA (37% of revenues) may suggest another strong quarterly performance (2Q EMEA revenue rose 37.2% YoY vs. total revenue +29.9%), as FTNT continues to focus sales growth efforts in the Americas (43% of revenue). 3) Continuous strength in subscription services, notably FortiSandblast, will likely carry the weight of revenue growth. 4) Streamlined internal operations may indicate elevated attention toward reshuffling the necessary sales talent while focusing on margin expansion—also, as activist investors might monitor FTNT."
Shares of Fortinet closed at $35.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- First Analysis Starts Fortinet (FTNT) at Equal Weight
- Needham & Company Retains Buy Rating on Nielsen (NLSN) Amid Disappointing Results and Sell-Off
- Nomura Securities Downgrades Host Hotels (HST) and Hyatt Hotels (H) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!