Oppenheimer Remains Bullish on Check Point Software Technology (CHKP) Following Investor Meetings
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating and $94.00 price target on Check Point Software Technology (NASDAQ: CHKP) following recent investor meetings. Oppenheimer believes that demand for both Next-Gen Threat Prevention solutions and competition remains healthy.
Analyst Shaul Eyal commented, "Our key takeaways from recent investor meetings are: 1) CHKP’s 1H16 discounting efforts were mostly driven by FX headwinds in various emerging market economies, as well as some product bundling as an incentive to grow its vast installed base; 2) Software blades continue to grow as a percent of revenues (~22%), driven most notably by the ATP Sandblast blade; 3) Demand for CHKP's addressable market (Next-Gen Threat Prevention) remains healthy as refresh cycles appear normal (about 15-20% of installed base every year) and as customers continue to require higher throughput in perimeter defense solutions; 4) CHKP's pristine balance sheet of $3.7B cash (~$22 cash/share) provides it with the flexibility to assess various capital allocation programs, although NT focus remains on buybacks/M&A (mostly tuck-ins)."
Shares of Checkpoint Software closed at $75.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OTR Global Upgrades Checkpoint Software (CHKP) to Positive
- Locky Ransomware Attackers Take Christmas Vacation, Shows Check Point Research
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Columbia Sportswear (COLM) to $72; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!