Oppenheimer Remains Bullish Ahead of Sonic Corp's (SONC) 4Q Report
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC), and cut the price target to $33.00 (from $40.00), ahead of the company's 4Q earnings report. SONC pre-announced -2% SSS, vs sell-side's stale estimate of +0.5%. The company also announced 4Q16 adjusted EPS would be $0.43-0.45 vs. Street's $0.48.
Analyst Brian Bittner commented, "We are not blind to the agony of sales disappointments, but we view SONC's situation as an attractive entry because: 1) its lower-risk earnings model has major padding (e.g. flat SSS would still drive +9% '17E EPS growth), 2) this suggests the stock's valuation discount is not a value trap (sub-10x EBITDA for a franchised model), 3) SONC is a proven SSS outperformer with a unique pipeline of technology, product and marketing catalysts, and 4) its unique cash situation could drive 15%+ share count reduction over the next 12 months."
Shares of Sonic closed at $27.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!