Oppenheimer Remains Bullish Ahead of Sonic Corp's (SONC) 4Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC), and cut the price target to $33.00 (from $40.00), ahead of the company's 4Q earnings report. SONC pre-announced -2% SSS, vs sell-side's stale estimate of +0.5%. The company also announced 4Q16 adjusted EPS would be $0.43-0.45 vs. Street's $0.48.
Analyst Brian Bittner commented, "We are not blind to the agony of sales disappointments, but we view SONC's situation as an attractive entry because: 1) its lower-risk earnings model has major padding (e.g. flat SSS would still drive +9% '17E EPS growth), 2) this suggests the stock's valuation discount is not a value trap (sub-10x EBITDA for a franchised model), 3) SONC is a proven SSS outperformer with a unique pipeline of technology, product and marketing catalysts, and 4) its unique cash situation could drive 15%+ share count reduction over the next 12 months."
Shares of Sonic closed at $27.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!