Oppenheimer Remains Bullish Ahead of Sonic Corp's (SONC) 4Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Outperform rating on Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC), and cut the price target to $33.00 (from $40.00), ahead of the company's 4Q earnings report. SONC pre-announced -2% SSS, vs sell-side's stale estimate of +0.5%. The company also announced 4Q16 adjusted EPS would be $0.43-0.45 vs. Street's $0.48.
Analyst Brian Bittner commented, "We are not blind to the agony of sales disappointments, but we view SONC's situation as an attractive entry because: 1) its lower-risk earnings model has major padding (e.g. flat SSS would still drive +9% '17E EPS growth), 2) this suggests the stock's valuation discount is not a value trap (sub-10x EBITDA for a franchised model), 3) SONC is a proven SSS outperformer with a unique pipeline of technology, product and marketing catalysts, and 4) its unique cash situation could drive 15%+ share count reduction over the next 12 months."
Shares of Sonic closed at $27.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!