Oppenheimer Remains Bearish on Capital One Financial (COF) Following Announced Cabela's Portfolio Purchase
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Underperform rating and $59.00 price target on Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF) following the company's announced purchasing of Cabela's co-brand portfolio. However, Oppenheimer still views that consensus is mismodeling credit costs on the existing book.
Analyst Ben Chittenden commented, "The recent announcement that COF is purchasing Cabela's co-brand portfolio and extending the relationship for 10+ years is an incremental positive. We are raising our '17 estimate to $7.12 from $7.04. The Cabela's book represents a loyal, highFICO borrower with an attractive opportunity for COF to help continue to open up the credit box and drive incremental sales. With that said, we are still the low on the Street for '17 and maintain our view that consensus is mismodeling credit costs on the existing book (both from underappreciated actual reserve building for growth and the bifurcation between prime/subprime credit). Therefore, the announcement doesn't change our overarching Underperform recommendation. We've outlined many of the moving pieces to the thesis before, but we are adding additional data points below."
Shares of Capital One Financial closed at $72.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Cowen Raises Price Target on GigOptix (GIG) to $4 Following 4Q Pre-announcement
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Trex (TREX) to $58; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!