Oppenheimer Reiterates Underperform on Capital One Financial (COF)
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Underperform rating and $59.00 price target on Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF) as data continues to suggest caution.
Analyst Ben Chittenden commented, "We remain comfortable with our Underperform recommendation on COF. We continue to believe that consensus provision expectations for 2017 are too low and thus we see an earnings revision cycle ahead of us. Our thesis is predicated on the combination of our view that there is a bifurcation of subprime vs. prime credit developing as well as reserve additions for the growth will continue to remain elevated. With ~50% of the domestic card loan growth continuing to come from subprime balances and the seasonality of the NCOs becoming a headwind, we would use the recent calm in the share price as an opportunity to sell shares. We maintain our $59 price target."
Shares of Capital One Financial closed at $68.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Vocera Communications, Inc. (VCRA) to $22
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Remains Sidelined on Amazon.com (AMZN); Reiterates $850 Price Target
- Capital One Financial (COF) Tops Q3 EPS by 9c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!