Oppenheimer Reiterates Underperform on Capital One Financial (COF)
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer maintained an Underperform rating and $59.00 price target on Capital One Financial (NYSE: COF) as data continues to suggest caution.
Analyst Ben Chittenden commented, "We remain comfortable with our Underperform recommendation on COF. We continue to believe that consensus provision expectations for 2017 are too low and thus we see an earnings revision cycle ahead of us. Our thesis is predicated on the combination of our view that there is a bifurcation of subprime vs. prime credit developing as well as reserve additions for the growth will continue to remain elevated. With ~50% of the domestic card loan growth continuing to come from subprime balances and the seasonality of the NCOs becoming a headwind, we would use the recent calm in the share price as an opportunity to sell shares. We maintain our $59 price target."
Shares of Capital One Financial closed at $68.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Following Analyst Day
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Itron (ITRI) to $70; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!