Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on ITT Corp. (ITT) After Meeting with Management
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on ITT Corp. (NYSE: ITT) after meeting with management. Management was upbeat, particularly regarding its growth prospects in MT and its ability to flex down its cost structure to better match the current lower demand environment in IP.
Analyst Jim Giannakouros commented, "We recently met with CEO Denise Ramos, diving into IP pressures/strategies as well as MT's underappreciated growth prospects. We came away incrementally cautious on IP's prospects for run-rate stability (baseline/AM visibility just isn't there, project activity remains subdued and competitively priced). We believe risks for another IP revenue expectations reset (vs. current consensus -4% y/y declines in '17E) may be growing, absent an acceleration in orders (organic down DD YTD) or project completions. On the other hand, MT's success (market share gains in every geography) intrigues us, while at the same time we appreciate investor sentiment on anything auto (MT EBIT now >50% of consolidated) may remain subdued (capping multiple expansion potential off current MSD EV/EBITDA levels) in the intermediate term."
Shares of ITT Corp. closed at $36.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Aegis Capital Starts ITT Corp. (ITT) at Buy
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!