Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on H&R Block (HRB) Following 1Q Report
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on H&R Block (NYSE: HRB), following the company's 1Q earnings report. HRB reported EPS of -$0.55, consistent with consensus estimates of -$0.53. Management indicated its cost savings are pacing on track with internal expectations.
Analyst Scott Schneeberger commented, "H&R Block's seasonally light F1Q17 EPS was in line with our estimate/consensus despite opex's materially underperforming our estimate and being wholly offset by a higher than anticipated tax benefit. Although the quarter was relatively uneventful, HRB's indication it was consistent with internal expectations leads us to interpret our prior FY17 opex expectation as too aggressive and prompts us to increase it. Correspondingly, we're tempering our FY17-18E EPS on a more conservative opex estimate. Not providing guidance, HRB indicated this tax season will differ significantly from last year's disappointment. However, for competitive reasons, the company isn't sharing "how," and likely won't until tax season is upon us. Maintaining Perform, we anticipate HRB remaining in a range pending demonstration of results this upcoming FY17 tax season."
Shares of H&R Block closed at $24.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!