Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on H&R Block (HRB) Following 1Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on H&R Block (NYSE: HRB), following the company's 1Q earnings report. HRB reported EPS of -$0.55, consistent with consensus estimates of -$0.53. Management indicated its cost savings are pacing on track with internal expectations.
Analyst Scott Schneeberger commented, "H&R Block's seasonally light F1Q17 EPS was in line with our estimate/consensus despite opex's materially underperforming our estimate and being wholly offset by a higher than anticipated tax benefit. Although the quarter was relatively uneventful, HRB's indication it was consistent with internal expectations leads us to interpret our prior FY17 opex expectation as too aggressive and prompts us to increase it. Correspondingly, we're tempering our FY17-18E EPS on a more conservative opex estimate. Not providing guidance, HRB indicated this tax season will differ significantly from last year's disappointment. However, for competitive reasons, the company isn't sharing "how," and likely won't until tax season is upon us. Maintaining Perform, we anticipate HRB remaining in a range pending demonstration of results this upcoming FY17 tax season."
Shares of H&R Block closed at $24.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!