Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on H&R Block (HRB) Following 1Q Report
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on H&R Block (NYSE: HRB), following the company's 1Q earnings report. HRB reported EPS of -$0.55, consistent with consensus estimates of -$0.53. Management indicated its cost savings are pacing on track with internal expectations.
Analyst Scott Schneeberger commented, "H&R Block's seasonally light F1Q17 EPS was in line with our estimate/consensus despite opex's materially underperforming our estimate and being wholly offset by a higher than anticipated tax benefit. Although the quarter was relatively uneventful, HRB's indication it was consistent with internal expectations leads us to interpret our prior FY17 opex expectation as too aggressive and prompts us to increase it. Correspondingly, we're tempering our FY17-18E EPS on a more conservative opex estimate. Not providing guidance, HRB indicated this tax season will differ significantly from last year's disappointment. However, for competitive reasons, the company isn't sharing "how," and likely won't until tax season is upon us. Maintaining Perform, we anticipate HRB remaining in a range pending demonstration of results this upcoming FY17 tax season."
Shares of H&R Block closed at $24.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Amazon.com (AMZN) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!