Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on H&R Block (HRB) Following 1Q Report
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on H&R Block (NYSE: HRB), following the company's 1Q earnings report. HRB reported EPS of -$0.55, consistent with consensus estimates of -$0.53. Management indicated its cost savings are pacing on track with internal expectations.
Analyst Scott Schneeberger commented, "H&R Block's seasonally light F1Q17 EPS was in line with our estimate/consensus despite opex's materially underperforming our estimate and being wholly offset by a higher than anticipated tax benefit. Although the quarter was relatively uneventful, HRB's indication it was consistent with internal expectations leads us to interpret our prior FY17 opex expectation as too aggressive and prompts us to increase it. Correspondingly, we're tempering our FY17-18E EPS on a more conservative opex estimate. Not providing guidance, HRB indicated this tax season will differ significantly from last year's disappointment. However, for competitive reasons, the company isn't sharing "how," and likely won't until tax season is upon us. Maintaining Perform, we anticipate HRB remaining in a range pending demonstration of results this upcoming FY17 tax season."
Shares of H&R Block closed at $24.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- Deckers Outdoor (DECK) Bear Poser at Susquehanna Modestly Lifts Numbers
- Plexus (PLXS) PT Raised to $57 at RBC Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!