Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on Factset Research Systems (FDS) Following 4Q Report
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on FactSet Research Systems (NYSE: FDS) following the company's 4Q earnings report. Revenue rose ~10% Y/Y to $287M, compared to $290.5M estimates. Adjusted EPS rose ~12% Y/Y to $1.69 vs. the Street's $1.69 estimate. Oppenheimer remains attracted to FactSet's business model and long-term opportunity, and are encouraged by recent solid ASV growth.
Analyst Glenn Greene commented, "FactSet reported relatively mixed 4QFY16 results, with ~10% Y/Y reported revenue growth and ~9% Y/Y ASV growth (both up ~9% organically). Adj. EPS grew 12% to $1.69 (vs. our/Street's $1.69 estimates). Notably, FDS provided 1QFY17 EPS guidance of $1.68-1.72, relatively soft compared to our/Street's prior $1.74/1.72 estimates. Client growth was modest while user growth was strong, benefiting from strong US sales, partially offset by market-related client losses. Nonetheless, ASV growth remained solid, increasing 9% organically Y/Y to $1.15B (vs. our $1.16B estimate), but declined modestly Q/Q (likely driven by Market Metrics sale). We believe FDS is fairly valued at 22.5x our CY17 EPS estimate. Accordingly, we maintain our Perform rating. This note supplements our earlier note today."
Shares of FactSet Research Systems closed at $164.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Upgrades UDR, Inc. (UDR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!