Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on Cree (CREE) Following 4Q Report
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on Cree (NASDAQ: CREE) following the company's 4Q earnings report. CREE reported Non-GAAP EPS of $0.19 on revenue of $388M vs. Street estimates of $0.20 and $386M. CREE is currently working towards the Wolfspeed sale and is expected to net ~$585M in proceeds with transaction expected to close by calendar year-end.
Analyst Colin Rusch commented, "As CREE works to close the Wolfspeed sale, we believe investors will be focused on the remaining business which guided Q/Q revenue down 6.3% at mid-range with non-GAAP continuing income at $6M-$11M. While the company is targeting growth with a new set of products, we believe investors are likely to be cautious on GM trajectory and incremental operating margins until the company has re-established a baseline and shows consistent performance in its lighting product business. We believe CREE would be well served to continue growing its lighting appliance and networking offerings to drive revenue and incremental operating margin. That said, we believe the established lighting sales channels to be challenging to disrupt, keeping us on the sidelines for now."
Shares of Cree closed at $27.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Amazon.com (AMZN) Following 3Q
- Argus Downgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Hold
- RBC Capital Reiterates Outperform on Alphabet (GOOGL) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!