Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on Cree (CREE) Following 4Q Report
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on Cree (NASDAQ: CREE) following the company's 4Q earnings report. CREE reported Non-GAAP EPS of $0.19 on revenue of $388M vs. Street estimates of $0.20 and $386M. CREE is currently working towards the Wolfspeed sale and is expected to net ~$585M in proceeds with transaction expected to close by calendar year-end.
Analyst Colin Rusch commented, "As CREE works to close the Wolfspeed sale, we believe investors will be focused on the remaining business which guided Q/Q revenue down 6.3% at mid-range with non-GAAP continuing income at $6M-$11M. While the company is targeting growth with a new set of products, we believe investors are likely to be cautious on GM trajectory and incremental operating margins until the company has re-established a baseline and shows consistent performance in its lighting product business. We believe CREE would be well served to continue growing its lighting appliance and networking offerings to drive revenue and incremental operating margin. That said, we believe the established lighting sales channels to be challenging to disrupt, keeping us on the sidelines for now."
Shares of Cree closed at $27.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Microsoft (MSFT) to $65 Following 1Q Beat
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on PPG Industries (PPG) - PT to $113
- H.C. Wainwright Downgrades Vertex (VRTX) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!