Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on Cree (CREE) Following 4Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on Cree (NASDAQ: CREE) following the company's 4Q earnings report. CREE reported Non-GAAP EPS of $0.19 on revenue of $388M vs. Street estimates of $0.20 and $386M. CREE is currently working towards the Wolfspeed sale and is expected to net ~$585M in proceeds with transaction expected to close by calendar year-end.
Analyst Colin Rusch commented, "As CREE works to close the Wolfspeed sale, we believe investors will be focused on the remaining business which guided Q/Q revenue down 6.3% at mid-range with non-GAAP continuing income at $6M-$11M. While the company is targeting growth with a new set of products, we believe investors are likely to be cautious on GM trajectory and incremental operating margins until the company has re-established a baseline and shows consistent performance in its lighting product business. We believe CREE would be well served to continue growing its lighting appliance and networking offerings to drive revenue and incremental operating margin. That said, we believe the established lighting sales channels to be challenging to disrupt, keeping us on the sidelines for now."
Shares of Cree closed at $27.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!