Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on CSX Corp. (CSX) Following Solid 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on CSX Corp. (NASDAQ: CSX) following the company's 3Q earnings report. CSX reported 3Q EPS of $0.48, exceeding the consensus estimates of $0.45. Revenue declined 7.8% y/y to $2.710B, which still exceeded the consensus of $2.688B.
Analyst Scott Schneeberger commented, "CSX has achieved $341M in efficiency savings YTD (in addition to volume-related cost reductions of $203M YTD), which firmly positions it to achieve its guided $350M + of 2016 efficiency savings. In neither its 2Q16 nor its 3Q16 press releases did the company indicate an increase to its 2016 efficiency savings guidance. However, on the 2Q16 conference call, CSX increased its full-year efficiency savings target from "exceed $250M" to "approaching $350M," which leads us to anticipate an increase on tomorrow's 8:30am ET conference call."
Shares of CSX closed at $30.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!