Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform on CSX Corp. (CSX) Following Solid 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on CSX Corp. (NASDAQ: CSX) following the company's 3Q earnings report. CSX reported 3Q EPS of $0.48, exceeding the consensus estimates of $0.45. Revenue declined 7.8% y/y to $2.710B, which still exceeded the consensus of $2.688B.
Analyst Scott Schneeberger commented, "CSX has achieved $341M in efficiency savings YTD (in addition to volume-related cost reductions of $203M YTD), which firmly positions it to achieve its guided $350M + of 2016 efficiency savings. In neither its 2Q16 nor its 3Q16 press releases did the company indicate an increase to its 2016 efficiency savings guidance. However, on the 2Q16 conference call, CSX increased its full-year efficiency savings target from "exceed $250M" to "approaching $350M," which leads us to anticipate an increase on tomorrow's 8:30am ET conference call."
Shares of CSX closed at $30.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!