Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform On Tesla (TSLA) Following Solar City Acquisition
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) following the close of the Solar City acquisition. Oppenheimer now sees 2016 non-GAAP EPS of ($2.30) on revenue of $7.0B (was ($2.09) and $6.8B). 2017 estimates reflect non-GAAP EPS of ($0.15) and revenue of $9.0B (was ($0.23) and $7.7B).
Analyst Colin Rusch commented, "With the Solar City acquisition now closed, we believe TSLA shares will track execution on the Model 3 ramp and trade within a range depending on quarterly Model S and X sales and GM. With initial production scheduled for 2017 along with ramp of the Gigafactory and the Buffalo solar facility we believe the company has its hands full and would not be surprised by delays given the magnitude of the company’s agenda. We believe the company is also seeing the beginning of used inventory and what we believe is the challenge of introducing a consumer electronics type product cycle into a durable goods end market. We continue to monitor the company’s capital spending/ solar financing and expect a multi-pronged strategy."
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $196.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Starts Buckeye (BPL) at Equalweight
- FBN Securities Raises Price Target on Pandora (P) to $15 Following 4Q Preannouncement
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Netflix (NFLX) to Buy, Positive On "Moats Around Content"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!