Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on salesforce.com (CRM) Following 2Q Report
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $95.00 price target on salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) following the company's 2Q earnings report. CRM reported total revenue of $2.036B was ~$16M above the consensus. EPS of $0.24 was $0.02 above consensus. Total revenue guidance is $2.11-2.12B and compares to the $2.12B consensus. PF EPS guidance is $0.20-0.21, which is below the $0.24 consensus.
Analyst Brian Schwartz commented, "Salesforce.com's F2Q results show signs of deceleration across most financial metrics driven by negative currency movements and soft July US performance, which will weigh on the growth story. We don’t think F2Q results are a harbinger of bad things to come for salesforce.com because in our view most of the issues were unique to F2Q and are likely transitory (Street uncalibrated for volatile FX, possible large M&A distractions). Bottom Line: We think salesforce.com is heading to a stronger position for share gains and monetization activity on its large installed base from several new products cycle (Commerce, Analytics, IoT, Verticals) and upcoming Dreamforce conference that should lead to a rebound in reported results next quarter, and there is valuation support in after-hours pricing (~25x 2017E EV/FCF for our 25%+ CAGR for FY:2017-2019 cash flow and EPS)."
Shares of salesforce.com closed at $79.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $210 at Mizuho
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!