Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Yum! Brands (YUM) Following 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $97.00 price target on Yum! Brands (NYSE: YUM) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Adjusted EPS was $1.09, compared to the Street's $1.10 estimate, as operating profits grew 11% globally. Comps at KFC (+4%) and TB (+3%) displayed a surprising beat and are outperforming a more sluggish industry trend.
Analyst Brian Bittner commented, "After an in-line earnings quarter, YUM's current stock price implies China's EBITDA fetches only sub-7x, based on our work. What's more intriguing is the franchised exChina business displayed an impressive SSS acceleration, grew operating profits double-digits and still has a unique G&A and capital return opportunity in front of it. China comps were slightly negative in 3Q, but mgmt's press release commentary suggests improving trends in Aug./Sept. We would be aggressive buyers below $90."
Shares of Yum! Brands closed at $88.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!