Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Tableau Software (DATA) Following Recent User Survey
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $55.00 price target on Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) following a recent survey at user conference. Of the 40 surveyed, 20 expected growth, far outweighing the two expecting a decline. Five users (12%) indicated they deploy Online and six (15%) anticipate adding/expanding their Online exposure in 2016. Eight customers (20%) specifically noted cost as a concern and as a reason for their flattish 2017 spending expectations and/or as a reason for evaluating/using other solutions.
Analyst Ittai Kidron commented, "We surveyed 40 customers at Tableau's recent user conference and come away encouraged. The results suggest a committed customer base that has a clear positive spending bias with Tableau over the next 12 months. User comments were positive on Tableau's current product portfolio, and there was excitement over the new capabilities coming in 2017, especially for Hyper and Project Maestro. While there's some push-back on price and Microsoft's a growing competitive threat, we don't sense the concerns put Tableau at risk of material displacement (some deployments may be limited in scope and/or shared across multiple vendors). Overall, we believe the product road-map is strong, and the muted near-term top-line growth (macro/ ratable shift) masks healthier underlying demand for Tableau's solutions. Maintain Outperform on the long-term view."
Shares of Tableau Software closed at $46.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citi Upgrades Tableau Software (DATA) to Buy, "Valuation Set-Up Favorable"
- University of Notre Dame Deploys Snowflake and Tableau to Help Grow Its Fundraising Strategy
- Dougherty & Co Upgrades MKS Instruments (MKSI) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesIttai Kidron
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!