Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH) After Meeting with Management
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $35.00 price target on Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) after meeting with senior management. Commentary from management suggests disruptions related to in-store resets, problems with its former email vendor, and marketing missteps are now behind the Sally Beauty segment. The company sees prospects for further gross margin expansion going forward from initiatives including coupon stacking, tactical pricing, and global sourcing.
Analyst Rupesh Parikh commented, "Yesterday, we met with senior management of Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH) in Denton, TX, including CEO Chris Brickman and CFO Mark Flaherty. The company does not discuss business trends intra-quarter. Overall, we walked away still confident in the potential for a turn at the Sally Beauty segment, but the precise timing remains unclear. Commentary suggests the company is now past the disruptive actions and increasingly focused on driving stronger BCC and List customer growth. On the P&L front, the company remains focused on driving gross margin expansion to offset continued labor cost pressures and investments. On the macro front, commentary suggests a stable consumer and competitive environment, and still healthy industry growth in core categories. We continue to view the risk/reward in SBH shares as attractive at current levels. Given the recent marketing missteps, the turn is unlikely to move in a straight line. We highlight five key takeaways below and await the introduction of FY17 guidance. We remain confident in our $1.85 estimate."
Shares of Sally Beauty Holdings closed at $26.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!