Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Global Payments (GPN) Following 1Q Report
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $85.00 price target on Global Payments (NYSE: GPN) following the company's 1Q earnings report. GPN delivered 1Q cash EPS growth of ~10% Y/Y to $0.86 vs. the Street's 0.83 estimates. The company raised its FY17 margin/EPS guide, now calling for up to 50bps (was 40bps) Y/ Y reported margin expansion and cash EPS of $3.45-3.55 (was $3.40-3.50).
Analyst Glenn Greene commented, "Global Payments announced strong 1QFY17 results with 52% Y/Y revenue growth (+5% organic constant currency, by our est.) and cash EPS of $0.86 (vs. our/Street's $0.81/0.83 ests.). EPS benefited by ~$0.04 relative to our estimate from a lower than expected tax rate (28.4% vs. our 30.0%E) and share count (~155M vs. our ~159M est.). Notably, management suggests ahead-of-plan Heartland (HPY) integration progress (now anticipates >$60M cost synergies in FY17 vs. prior expectation of > $50M). Reflecting the upside quarter, GPN raised its FY17 margin/EPS outlook, which now calls for up to 50bps (was 40bps) Y/Y reported margin expansion and reported cash EPS of $3.45-3.55 (was $3.40-3.50). GPN trades at ~19.5x our revised FY18E EPS, which we view as attractive. Maintain Outperform and $85 price target."
Shares of Global Payments closed at $79.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!