Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Global Payments (GPN) Following 1Q Report
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $85.00 price target on Global Payments (NYSE: GPN) following the company's 1Q earnings report. GPN delivered 1Q cash EPS growth of ~10% Y/Y to $0.86 vs. the Street's 0.83 estimates. The company raised its FY17 margin/EPS guide, now calling for up to 50bps (was 40bps) Y/ Y reported margin expansion and cash EPS of $3.45-3.55 (was $3.40-3.50).
Analyst Glenn Greene commented, "Global Payments announced strong 1QFY17 results with 52% Y/Y revenue growth (+5% organic constant currency, by our est.) and cash EPS of $0.86 (vs. our/Street's $0.81/0.83 ests.). EPS benefited by ~$0.04 relative to our estimate from a lower than expected tax rate (28.4% vs. our 30.0%E) and share count (~155M vs. our ~159M est.). Notably, management suggests ahead-of-plan Heartland (HPY) integration progress (now anticipates >$60M cost synergies in FY17 vs. prior expectation of > $50M). Reflecting the upside quarter, GPN raised its FY17 margin/EPS outlook, which now calls for up to 50bps (was 40bps) Y/Y reported margin expansion and reported cash EPS of $3.45-3.55 (was $3.40-3.50). GPN trades at ~19.5x our revised FY18E EPS, which we view as attractive. Maintain Outperform and $85 price target."
Shares of Global Payments closed at $79.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $92 at Needham & Company Following Solid 1Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!