Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on General Growth Properties (GGP) After Traveling with Management
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $35.00 price target on General Growth Properties (NYSE: GGP) after traveling with company management. Management noted demand for space in better malls remains strong, especially from new concepts and new categories. The strength shows up as low double-digit releasing spreads and occupancy in the low-to-mid 90s.
Analyst Steve Manaker commented, "We continue to rate GGP shares Outperform. We believe the operating environment remains attractive for high-quality Mall REITs, and GGP management should be able to capitalize on this by maintaining strong releasing spreads (around 10% higher) and continuing to find redevelopment opportunities ($300-500 million/year) within the portfolio. These should lead to attractive and steady FFO growth of 7+%/year. This growth should be relatively steady over a cycle (excluding one-off items like the sale of condos in Hawaii built on Ala Moana). We recently brought GGP management to a few non-dedicated REIT investors who focused questions on a number of topics (see below). In our view, the generalists' skepticism about mall viability seems to be waning, especially since the number of new concepts remains strong."
Shares of General Growth Properties closed at $25.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- Wedbush Upgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Outperform; Signs of Inflection
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Abbott (ABT) to $47; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!