Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Darden Restaurants (DRI) Following 1Q Report
- Wall Street ends down as Trump focuses on trade
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $70.00 price target on Darden Restaurants (NYSE: DRI) following the company's 1Q earnings report. DRI reported EPS of $0.88, ahead of the Street's $0.82 estimate. Management raised F17E EPS guidance to $3.87-$3.97 (was $3.80-$3.90), vs. Street's $3.87.
Analyst Brian Bittner commented, "We believe DRI's unique risk/reward and superior fundamentals position shares to meaningfully outperform on any improving sentiment toward the group. 1Q17 comps were better than feared, '17 EPS guidance was raised and share repurchases are dialing up. This will likely prove to be a unique performance in a tough reporting period for the group. With earnings estimates safe, dividend yield at 3.7% and P/E around 14x Street's next year, we believe near-term downside is very limited."
Shares of Darden Restaurants closed at $61.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) PT Raised to $110 at Aegis Capital
- Preferred Bank (PFBC) PT Raised to $65 at FBR Capital Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!