Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Darden Restaurants (DRI) Following 1Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $70.00 price target on Darden Restaurants (NYSE: DRI) following the company's 1Q earnings report. DRI reported EPS of $0.88, ahead of the Street's $0.82 estimate. Management raised F17E EPS guidance to $3.87-$3.97 (was $3.80-$3.90), vs. Street's $3.87.
Analyst Brian Bittner commented, "We believe DRI's unique risk/reward and superior fundamentals position shares to meaningfully outperform on any improving sentiment toward the group. 1Q17 comps were better than feared, '17 EPS guidance was raised and share repurchases are dialing up. This will likely prove to be a unique performance in a tough reporting period for the group. With earnings estimates safe, dividend yield at 3.7% and P/E around 14x Street's next year, we believe near-term downside is very limited."
Shares of Darden Restaurants closed at $61.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!