Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Ctrip.com (CTRP) Ahead of 2Q Results
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $55.00 price target on Ctrip.com (NASDAQ: CTRP) ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report. Oppenheimer is expecting CTRP to report solid results and believes that S&M will offer the most opportunity for a 2Q upside after analyzing the revenue and S&M growth spread between 2Q and 1Q.
Analyst Jed Kelly commented, "We attribute CTRP's recent 10% appreciation to solid China consumer Internet earnings and investors expecting upside to 2Q margins. A stable travel environment suggests CTRP will likely beat Street's revenue/margin estimates, with sales & marketing offering the most opportunity for upside. However, with margin expansion as the main near-term catalyst, increasing competition from sub-scale players, and QUNR's ongoing China Southern dispute, could produce cautious commentary around 3Q profit, thus causing near-term volatility in shares, despite a potential 2Q EBIT beat, in our view. We believe CTRP is well positioned to leverage China's transition to a consumption economy by consolidating its growing online travel market, and would take advantage of any near-term weakness to accumulate shares. We maintain our DCF-based $55 price target on higher outer year opex leverage."
Shares of Ctrip.com closed at $46.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!