Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Acuity Brands (AYI) as Investor Concerns Grow
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $295.00 price target on Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) as concerns over nonresidential construction grow.
Analyst Christopher Glynn commented, "As concerns over new nonresidential construction gain investor mind-share, we remain comfortable with our Outperform thesis on AYI, as installed base (IB) conversion trends accelerate, specifically on the emergent kicker from demand for digital lighting system networks as backbone for enabling applications around data acquisition. AYI estimates 80/20 new construction/retrofit mix of $2B revenue at time of FY08 cyclical peak, now evolved to a fundamentally changed business profile of ~50/50 mix (OPCO's FY16E revenue of $3.3B). We see disclosure of ramping roll-out from Target/traction with other retailers as lending conviction on visibility to near-term investor expectations, and we believe a palpable pipeline of other large conversions within IB validates thesis of broader mechanical-to-digital conversion of lighting."
Shares of Acuity Brands closed at $258.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Vail Resorts (MTN) to Outperform
- Xilinx (XLNX) PT Bumped to $45 at Nomura, Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!