Oppenheimer Reiterates Buy as Red Hat (RHT) Reports Solid 2Q Results
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $88.00 price target on Red Hat (NYSE: RHT) following the company's 2Q earnings report. RHT reported revenues of $599.8M and EPS of $0.55 versus the Street's $590.0M and $0.54 estimates. While near-term margins are likely to remain pressured by AD&E investment, Oppenheimer believes that moderating investment and cross-selling could drive upside longer term.
Analyst Ittai Kidron commented, "Red Hat reported solid results with strong revenue driving a $0.01 EPS beat. Most surprising was that the revenue beat was driven primarily by infrastructure-related revenue (RHEL), discrediting fears about limited market growth and public cloud cannibalization. Overall, we come away incrementally positive as the quarter pointed to continued expansion at existing customers (record $1M+ deals) and we are reassured that RHEL remains a solid growth driver. While the loss of two top 25 deals is disappointing, it also makes the overall revenue beat all the more positive, illustrating the strong growth across the business. Margins are likely to remain under pressure in FY2H17, yet we see upside possible in FY18 as investments in new solutions moderate. Tweaking estimates. Maintain Outperform."
Shares of Red Hat closed at $77.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Pepsi (PEP) Following Solid 3Q
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES) to Buy
- UPDATE: Brean Capital Assumes Alder Biopharm (ALDR) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesIttai Kidron, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!