Oppenheimer Reiterated Perform on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 2Q
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated a Perform rating on Ambarella (NASDAQ: AMBA), following the company's 2Q earnings report. AMBA reported revenues and EPS of $65.1M and $0.54. Results came in ahead of the Street's $64.3M and $0.38.
Analyst Andrew Uerkwitz commented, "AMBA reported better-than-expected F2Q17 results, with revenues/EPS of $65.1M/ $0.54 vs. Street's $64.3M/$0.38 and our $63.4M/$0.34. Management takes a more optimistic near-term view and sees seasonal strength in F2H17. However, the Automotive segment remains weak in the current fiscal year. Impact of Sony image sensor shortage is now minimum. Action camera (mostly GoPro cameras), drones, and new professional IP camera products are expected to drive growth for the rest of FY17. Our thesis on AMBA is unchanged: we believe AMBA's risk-reward profile is balanced given the uncertainty in near-term trends in major end markets such as action camera and professional IP camera."
Shares of Ambarella closed at $71.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Andrew Uerkwitz
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!