Oppenheimer Raises the Price Target on Silver Spring Networks (SSNI) to $17 Following Contract Win
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Silver Spring Networks (NYSE: SSNI), and raised the price target to $17.00 (from $15.00), following the company's 2.8M-endpoint contract win with Entergy. Even without further large awards, Oppenheimer estimates that SSNI could report 25% growth in total backlog off FY15's adjusted $1B base.
Analyst Noah Kaye commented, "SSNI’s 2.8M-endpoint contract win with Entergy, announced yesterday, adds to a long-tailed backlog in the base business with five to six years of visible cash flow. Given that visibility, we pivot to longer term questions about SSNI’s strategic growth priorities. We believe SSNI has multiple opportunities to leverage its valuable technology platform, including optionality on the broader IoT, but will need to prioritize opportunities given resource constraints vs. larger smart metering and networking peers. Recent M&A activity in the space further emphasizes this point while supporting SSNI’s valuation. We raise our PT to $17 (from $15)."
Shares of Silver Spring Networks closed at $13.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!