Oppenheimer Raises the Price Target on Silver Spring Networks (SSNI) to $17 Following Contract Win
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Silver Spring Networks (NYSE: SSNI), and raised the price target to $17.00 (from $15.00), following the company's 2.8M-endpoint contract win with Entergy. Even without further large awards, Oppenheimer estimates that SSNI could report 25% growth in total backlog off FY15's adjusted $1B base.
Analyst Noah Kaye commented, "SSNI’s 2.8M-endpoint contract win with Entergy, announced yesterday, adds to a long-tailed backlog in the base business with five to six years of visible cash flow. Given that visibility, we pivot to longer term questions about SSNI’s strategic growth priorities. We believe SSNI has multiple opportunities to leverage its valuable technology platform, including optionality on the broader IoT, but will need to prioritize opportunities given resource constraints vs. larger smart metering and networking peers. Recent M&A activity in the space further emphasizes this point while supporting SSNI’s valuation. We raise our PT to $17 (from $15)."
Shares of Silver Spring Networks closed at $13.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!