Oppenheimer Raises price Target on Energous (WATT) to $15 Following 2Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Energous Corp (NASDAQ: WATT), and raised the price target to $15.00 (from $13.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. WATT posted revenues of $182K engineering product development revenues. Total opex were $10.5M, slightly down Q/Q. GAAP EPS and non-GAAP EBITDA were ($0.62) and ($8.5M), compared to ($0.55)/($7.0M) forecasts.
Analyst Andrew Uerkwitz commented, "Energous reported 2Q16 results on 8/9 after the bell, and we had the opportunity to host Energous CEO Steve Rizzone at Oppenheimer's 19th annual Technology, Internet & Communications Conference. We had previously been concerned with WATT's cash balance/burn rate, but a $20M investment from Ascend Capital (1.6M shares @ $12.36, warrant for 1.6M strike $23) should alleviate pressure and facilitate the expansion of targeted potential licensees. With the expensive third-party chip development costs out of the way and first shipments expected late 4Q/early 1Q17, the next four quarters are set up nicely for shrinking losses on the way to management's expected 3Q17 CF breakeven. We raise our PT to $15 (from $13) and reiterate Outperform."
Shares of Energous Corp closed at $13.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Instinet Upgrades McDonald's (MCD) to Buy
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Citrix Systems (CTXS) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Andrew Uerkwitz
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!