Oppenheimer Raises Price target on Yahoo! (YHOO) to $55; Reiterates Outperform
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO), and raised the price target to $55.00 (from $48.00), as shares of BABA have appreciated 25% since late July 25. Oppenheimer also incorporated the $4.1B taxable basis of Yahoo! Core, disclosed in the proxy statement, into the analysis.
Analyst Jason Helfstein commented, "We are increasing our price target to $55, from $48, implying 25% upside potential, on the positive move in Alibaba's share price. We have also incorporated the $4.1B taxable basis of Yahoo! Core, disclosed in the proxy statement, into our analysis. We have no reason to believe at this point Yahoo!'s reincorporation into an investment company provides a tax advantage, but it necessary to comply with securities regulation laws. Our long-term thesis assumes that YJ shares are sold in the open market over the next 12-18 months at a 15% discount, with full tax consequences, that the IP portfolio is sold, and that the remaining BABA stake trades un-taxed at 10% discount to the public share price."
Shares of Yahoo! closed at $43.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jack in the Box (JACK): Raising PT To $115 - Oppenheimer
- Massive Yahoo! Data Breech Headlines Seen Positive for Cyber Security Sector - Wells Fargo (CYBR) (FEYE) (PANW) (more...)
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Red Hat (RHT) Following 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!