Oppenheimer Raises Price target on Yahoo! (YHOO) to $55; Reiterates Outperform
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating on Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO), and raised the price target to $55.00 (from $48.00), as shares of BABA have appreciated 25% since late July 25. Oppenheimer also incorporated the $4.1B taxable basis of Yahoo! Core, disclosed in the proxy statement, into the analysis.
Analyst Jason Helfstein commented, "We are increasing our price target to $55, from $48, implying 25% upside potential, on the positive move in Alibaba's share price. We have also incorporated the $4.1B taxable basis of Yahoo! Core, disclosed in the proxy statement, into our analysis. We have no reason to believe at this point Yahoo!'s reincorporation into an investment company provides a tax advantage, but it necessary to comply with securities regulation laws. Our long-term thesis assumes that YJ shares are sold in the open market over the next 12-18 months at a 15% discount, with full tax consequences, that the IP portfolio is sold, and that the remaining BABA stake trades un-taxed at 10% discount to the public share price."
Shares of Yahoo! closed at $43.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Lifted to $1000 at Oppenheimer
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!